Montag, 6. Oktober 2014

fall(ing) for Charles

just for once, I'll be writing in English, and that's why: 
When Marte picked me to test-sew her new pattern I was very thrilled. Especially because the new pattern is not only for girls, like the other ones before, but for boys aswell. And since my oldest son really needed some more trousers for the fall I was very happy to be fill the closet with some Charles versions. 

As usual, Marte's pattern is plain but yet special.
The trousers are a quite slimfit with an adjustable waistband at the back and they open with buttons at the front. 
Fortunately I had just found a nice green half woolen fabricI didn't really have a plan for. So I had another look into my fabric closet and found this raindrop-fabric I bought about a year ago. I love the colour combination plus I think it really fits the weather right now. Because other that these photos might suggest (they were taken a week ago) fall has arrived here!
To make the backside fit so well, the pattern includes two darts. I usually somehow neglected the perfect fit of a children's pants at the back, but this simple mean totally changed my mind!

I am totally in love with the pattern: I love that it's casual but chic at the same time. And the fit is just perfect for my son!
So, if you like the trousers as much as I do, hop over to Marte where she has just launched Charles today(KLICK)! Alongsides she is doing a pattern tour so you can check out a lot more beautiful Charles versions the whole week and even better: get a ten percent discount during the tour week (use the code "charles-launch")!!
And btw: tomorrow (KLICK)I'll show you another version I made. Because the pattern not only includes a trousers and shorts version, but also a dungaree version and of course because I just couldn't stop sewing....

Fabric: via de Stoffenkamer en Myo
Pattern: Charles by Compagnie M
Linked with: made4boys




Kommentare:

  1. What a cool pair of Charles pants! Wool is perfect for cooler months.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. was für eine hervorragende hose! ha!
    nebenbei schulst du mein eingeschlafenes englisch!
    (thanks for that *-*)
    cheers*

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh, was für eine wundervolle Kombination :) Ich war ja schon sehr neugierig auf den finalen Schnitt und werde die Hose sicher auch nähen...ist auch mal eine schöne Alternative zu den lässig sitzenden Hosen mit den Abnähern.

    Dann bin ich mal gespannt, was du noch so zeigst :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Mooi exemplaar! Fijne foto's ook!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wouhhh...what a cool pants. What a fantastic fabric. I made previously with this fabric a coat for my daughter. Mijnspiegelbeelden.blogspot.nl/jas

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Eine tolle Hose und tolle Bilder! Den grünen Wollstoff finde ich super, genau meine Farbe. Bei mir wird's morgen übrigens auch wollig ;-)
    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Maarika

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Love your pants and pictures! But I'm even a bigger fan of your dungarees! What a great job you did! Thanks for testing along! M

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über euere Meinung